CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: #odetored Contest giveaway
The PhotoPhore, in collaboration with photo l.a., is glad to launch ODE TO RED #odetored, the contest giveaway that gives you the possibility to win 2 free tickets to visit photo l.a. art exposition (January 12-15, 2017)!
Artists, photographers, igers and amateurs are invited to submit photo works about RED, this year edition colour of photo l.a.’s logo. PARTICIPATION is FOR FREE!
A strong identifying sign which shapes your identity and reveals it: RED. Strong, bright and passionate. Meaningful and powerful.
The colour of heart and blood. The colour of the sunset, of the fire. Of glamorous lipsticks and sweetest fruits.
Red is the coulour of sacrifice, danger, and passion. The colour of love.
We want you to submit pictures in which the colour RED is the protagonist.
Show the RED in your life.
Paint it RED. Tag it RED.
Image courtesy of Anton Galin. Graphic design by The PhotoPhore
The 2 WINNERS:
– will receive a ticket for photo l.a. international photographic art exposition (January 12-15, 2017)
– will be FEATURED on the PhotoPhore platform through a DEDICATED ARTICLE and INTERVIEW;
– the articles will be PROMOTED and shared on the PhotoPhore SOCIAL PROFILES (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and photo l.a. profiles;
– the winning pictures will be used as COVER PICTURE of the PhotoPhore social profiles for 2 weeks;
– a DEDICATED NEWSLETTER about the winners will be sent to the PhotoPhore mailing list with more than 25.000 subscribers.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
– submit FOR FREE 1 photography work (JPEG file with a minimum size of 1.000 px) about the theme #odetored. Submissions need to be sent by email to email@example.com by December 14, 2016;
– at the end of submission period, the PhotoPhore will check all the works received and upload them online on its Facebook page (www.facebook.com/thephotophore), in order to start the public vote phase (on December 16, 2016);
– once all the works are uploaded, share your work from the uploaded album and invite your friends to like the PhotoPhore Facebook page, photo l.a. Facebook page and your picture. The public vote will end on December 31, 2016. Votes on pictures will be valid only if the submitter and “liker” likes both the PhotoPhore and photo l.a. Facebook page.
The 2 most-liked pictures (with a minimum of 100 “likes”), will be the winners.
Image courtesy of Kouhei Nakama. Graphic design by The PhotoPhore
– submit your work by December 14, 2016
– vote and get voted from December 16 to December 31, 2016
– the final winners will be declared on January 06, 2017
To get voted, invite your friends to like the PhotoPhore (www.facebook.com/thephotophore) and photo l.a. (www.facebook.com/photolafair) Facebook pages, and to like your picture uploaded on the PhotoPhore page. We will check the loyalty of all the submissions/votes received. The PhotoPhore has the right to moderate and confirm the final public vote score.
Authors of works own the rights to the images submitted. Winners’ pictures could be used for articles and website digital promotion campaign on the PhotoPhore, with artists’ names and courtesy always stated.
PARTICIPATION is FOR FREE!
Good luck and #odetored!
Image courtesy of Patty Carroll. Graphic design by The PhotoPhore
The PhotoPhore is a web based platform about contemporary art, photography and architecture. It curates high quality contents, dedicating its attention to projects characterized by a great visual impact and distinctive concepts. The PhotoPhore offers a daily dose of inspiring information about artists and exhibitions, architecture projects, galleries and competitions.
The PhotoPhore strongly believes in art and culture sharing and it’s always open to start a dialogue and build partnerships with art festivals, galleries and art spaces, to promote and realize art shows and exhibitions. Our mission is to design, create, manage and communicate art exhibitions, screenings and cultural events.
photo l.a. is the longest-running international photographic arts fair in California. The 26th annual photo l.a. takes place January 12-15, 2017 at The REEF/LA Mart (1933 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90007) in Downtown LA. The fair features exhibitions of contemporary photography and photo-based art – as well as classic, vintage and vernacular photography – supported by panel discussions and seminars where critics, artists, and photography professionals discuss the medium, its’ past, present, and future.
Image 1: Courtesy of Raluca Caragea. Graphics by the PhotoPhore