CALL FOR ARTISTS: FOCUS PHOTO WEEKS | LIVING THE NATURE
The PhotoPhore opens the first call for artists for its photo project Focus Photo Weeks: LIVING THE NATURE. The contest gives the possibility to 7 winners to be featured on the PhotoPhore platform during the first week dedicated to the discovery of the contemporary photography.
The selected works and artists of LIVING THE NATURE will be featured from 11 to 17 December 2017.
Photographers and all the artists are invited to submit their photographies related to the theme: LIVING THE NATURE.
PARTICIPATION is FOR FREE!
Nature is everything that surrounds us. In a strictly sense, also human actions are part of the Nature. But they are everyday more impactful, and the world itself is changing faster than ever before.
We live in an era of great environmental changes. And the mankind is often responsible for the destruction of the nature as well as for the saving programs. We all swing between natural catastrophes and holidays into the wild.
LIVING THE NATURE is focused on all the kind of relationships among the man and the Nature, from the peaceful untouched or preserved places, in which the Nature can still express itself alone, to the strong modifications that the human beings did and are still doing on natural landscapes.
Is still the nature our primordial shelter? How does we live the nature today?
Different possibilities in different parts of the world, for different kind of people.
Artists, photographers and all the art professionals and lovers are invited to submit their photos about LIVING THE NATURE‘s theme to show and to share their visions on the contemporary ways to live in and with the Nature.
SELECTED WORKS AND ARTISTS
The 7 selected works and artists/photographers:
– will be FEATURED on the PhotoPhore platform through a DEDICATED ARTICLE; each day of the first Focus Photo Weeks, an article about one of the selected photos and artists will be published on the website;
– the articles will be PROMOTED and shared on the PhotoPhore SOCIAL PROFILES: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
– the winning pictures will be used as COVER PICTURE of the PhotoPhore social profiles for 1 month;
– a DEDICATED NEWSLETTER about the winners will be sent to the PhotoPhore mailing list with more than 30.000 subscribers.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
– Submit FOR FREE:
. 1 photography related to the theme for the participation (JPG or JPEG or PNG format are allowed; the picture has to have a minimum size of 1.000 pixels);
. title of the work submitted for the contest, year of realization, brief description
. 3 representative photos of your work as artist/photographer (JPG or JPEG or PNG format are allowed; all the pictures have to have a minimum size of 1.000 pixels)
. your name, surname and nationality
. your CV
. your statement/biography
All the above requested materials need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 19, 2017.
– At the end of submission period, the PhotoPhore will check all the submissions received and upload the participating photos online on its Facebook page (www.facebook.com/thephotophore), in order to start the public vote phase (on November 22, 2017).
– Once all the participating photos are uploaded (on November 22, 2017), share your work from the uploaded album and invite your friends to like the PhotoPhore Facebook page (www.facebook.com/thephotophore) and your picture.
The public vote will START on November 22, 2017 and it will END on December 06, 2017.
Votes on still images will be valid only if the submitter and “liker” like the PhotoPhore Facebook page.
SELECTION OF THE WINNERS
The selection of the works and artists that will be featured on the PhotoPhore platform will include:
– the 3 most voted pictures of the online Facebook contest
– the 4 most relevant works selected by the PhotoPhore editorial team
The publication of the articles about the photos and artists selected will be done during the first Focus Photo Weeks, from December 11 to December 17, 2017.
– submit your work by November 19, 2017
– vote and get voted from November 22 to December 06, 2017
– the publication of the articles about the selected works and artists will be done from December 11 to December 17, 2017
To get voted, invite your friends to like the PhotoPhore Facebook page (www.facebook.com/thephotophore), and to like your picture uploaded on the PhotoPhore Facebook page’s dedicated photo album. We will check the loyalty of all the submissions/votes received. The PhotoPhore has the right to moderate and confirm the final public vote score.
Authors of works own the rights to the images submitted. Winners’ pictures could be used for articles and website digital promotion campaign on the PhotoPhore, with artists’ names and courtesy always stated.
PARTICIPATION is FOR FREE!
Join the first #focusphotoweeks: #livingthenature!
The PhotoPhore is a web based platform about contemporary art, photography and architecture. It curates high quality contents, dedicating its attention to projects characterized by a great visual impact and distinctive concepts. The PhotoPhore offers a daily dose of inspiring information about artists and exhibitions, architecture projects, galleries and competitions.
The PhotoPhore strongly believes in art and culture sharing and it’s always open to start a dialogue and build partnerships with art festivals, galleries and art spaces, to promote and realize art shows and exhibitions.
Our mission is to design, create, manage and communicate art exhibitions, screenings and cultural events.